DIY Decorative Letters- Cheap!




These beautiful letters that spell the word 'Dream' cost me about $6 bucks to make!  I am super excited and can not wait to do some more of them.   


Here is what I did:

I found these foam letters at  Hobby Lobby just the other day...  I had no idea they even existed-they are perfect!  

red and yellow 4 in foam letters


 Second, I primed the letters with plain white acrylic paint.. the colors they came in were way to bright for me. 

Then I painted them with a couple coats of flat black acrylic paint..then sanded and then added one more coat of black paint and VIOLA!! 

Gorgeous decorative letters for your walls, shelves or mantel!



For a more detailed tutorial with photos go to:




P.S. If you know of any other places that sell these letters online, please feel free to share in the comments, as I am planning on buying and making plenty more of these!


 









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © Living Blog. All Rights Reserved.
Blogger Template designed by Big Homes.